Sunday, August 02, 2009

New Happenings

I got a phone call Wednesday night from a member of our high council. He asked to meet with me and Cliff today before church. I agreed and hung up with huge butterflies. I quickly started thinking of which presidencies had recently been re-done and which had been together for awhile. I knew I was safe from Young Women's as they just did that one about 6 months or so ago. So that left Primary and Relief Society. I don't know anything about either one so as you can imagine I was very nervous. What else goes through your mind when you get that kind of phone call?
So I decided to pray that I would know that this new calling was what I was meant to do and that I would be able to work well with the people I was called to work with. I felt a lot better after and have tried not to speculate through the week.
We met this morning at the appointed time and I was called to be a seminary teacher. It is a stake calling that you serve in your ward. And because we only have 2 kids here in Sylvan who are seminary age I am actually a home-study seminary teacher. So that means no early morning classes (which I'm very happy about....my walks are safe!) and I meet with the kids only once a week. It's still going to be challenging and require a lot of studying and prep from me but when I was set apart I was promised that I would be blessed to find the time to study and prepare and that I would have the inspiration needed to teach and enlighten the young women I would be working with. (Both students are young women). I won't know much more until the training/info session that's going to be in Calgary in a couple of weeks.
And I was supposed to be released as the choir pianist today....but they forgot to write it down and it didn't happen....next week. We'll see.

2 comments:

Tisha said...

Thats awesome!! You'll be SO great at it, I know it!!

Just Rhonda said...

WOW!!! Good luck! I bet you'll do great!