As usual life isn't slowing down any. The month of June has just flown by and we can't believe that here we are in the last week!
Auntie Kizzy came to visit us for a weekend and we had so much fun with her! It was the first time she got to spend any time with Brock and the two of them quickly became fast friends. And Zane educated her on the ins and outs of the Star Wars story line. And the two of us took Brock for a girls night of shopping. It was great to get out and shop with just one....even though it was Kizzy doing the shopping and me along for the ride. I refuse to shop for new clothes until I get back into my skinny stuff. But we had a great weekend together. Living up here, I really miss my sisters. I'm very grateful for the blessing of a close relationship with both of our families.
Umm, let's see what else? I can finally announce on my blog that Alisha and Jay are making us an Auntie and Uncle in December! Everyone is really excited and so far she's feeling pretty good. And Cliff's sister Rikki is having a baby as well...sometime in February so we get 2 new babies to spoil. It will be a lot of fun and we're hoping that one of them is pink!
Cliff's parent's sold their house and bought a new one in Taber. It's smaller and has a lot smaller yard which is perfect since Kristie will be the only one living at home soon. This past weekend we were down for a wedding on Mom J's side and helped with some of the packing and de-junking that needed to be done so they can move this weekend.
The wedding was for Cliff's cousin Ben and his now wife Rebecca. They are the first ones to get married on the Jackson side since we did 8 years ago! They got married in the Lutheran Church and it was a very.....interesting ceremony. The Pastor read a passage that was supposed to be scripture but sounded more like Shakespeare and just went on and on and on about it. And I wasn't the only one with raised eyebrows. Mom J and all the aunts commented about how strange it was too. Between the wedding and reception we went to Uncle Gary (mom J's brother) and Auntie Mel's house. Everyone hung out and my kids were fairly bored 'cause I hadn't thought to bring anything for them to do out in the yard. Zane asked for a drink while pointing to a liquor bottle and I told him he couldn't drink it because it was liquor. He started to point to another bottle but I told him he couldn't drink anything in a glass bottle. One of Cliff's cousins thought that was a clever way to help him distinguish right now. For some people I think it's a big deal to have liquor in the same spot as their kids. But Cliff and I both grew up that way in extended family and I really think the best way to deal with it is to be honest about it. We've talked about the Word of Wisdom and Zane knows that we don't drink liquor or coffee or tea. And he knows that some people in our family do. I hope that when our boys can choose for themselves they choose as Cliff and I have and do. But I digress. Umm, Rhett got carsick on the way from the house to the reception. I had a hard time not freaking out but got everything cleaned up, changed his clothes, and everyone into the reception. Oh the joys of kids! The meal part was good, a little hard to keep the kidlets entertained but luckily we have lots of people who love kids and are more than willing to hold a baby, entertain a 3 year old or listen to a 6 year old talk their ear off! Ben and Becca looked gorgeous and happy....and although it was very different from our wedding, and from what I want for our boys we had a good time.
Sunday we packed up in the late morning and headed to Raymond to spend some time with my family for mom's birthday and Father's day. Dad was stuck in the States but the rest of us were there. And as we pulled up Zane says "Grandma got a trampoline!!!!!" "Can we jump on it mom?" He was so excited. I knew about it but Grammie wanted to keep it a surprise. Their reaction was a lot of fun. While they jumped Jay and I got strudels heating up, we ate, and headed out to play on the tramp for awhile. It was a lot of fun!
And now we're getting ready to head down for a couple of weeks of fun with everyone!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment