I bet you didn't know it but there is a dark side to spring puddles and sadly my boys found that out yesterday!
The spring weather has us all going stir crazy so yesterday I loaded the kids up into the van and headed for our favorite park. When we arrived we found it was still heavily puddled and even still had some snow piles but the kids were game and wearing their rubber boots so away they went! 10 minutes later Zane tripped and fell and got fairly wet. After dumping out his boots he decided to carry on. 5 minutes later Rhett went down a slide, took 2 steps and biffed it big time. He was soaked from the neck down! And that was the end to our playground trip. I was glad that we had driven and didn't have a 20 minute walk home with 2 cold and wet kids in tow.
But it was still nice to get some fresh air - even if we had to dump water out of boots when we got home!
The boys had fun finding the Easter eggs the bunny left this morning and Zane announced to us that he couldn't wait to be a daddy so he could know all the secrets about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. That kid cracks me up sometimes.
And I performed Cannon in D in church today - the hard version with the choir singing in parts but it's mostly a soloist piece. I've been totally stressing about it because it was really difficult and I didn't feel that it was performance ready. But thanks to lots of prayers I made it through and am pretty happy with how it turned out. I felt like crying when I hit the last chord and knew that it was done!
We had a quiet Easter - just us and some ham and potatoes. Nothing spectacular.
And we got a huge blessing given to us...
My friend Jennie was going to give me her single jogging stroller but when she opened it up found it to be all moldy and gross. No big deal. I have a great stroller - just thought having a jogging one would be nice as well. Then today she was talking to her neighbor after church and the neighbor asked if she knew anyone who needed a jogging stroller. Jennie said yes and told her what had happened with hers. This neighbor used hers ONCE for the grand kids who are too big for it now and is giving it to me! for FREE!!!! I'm really excited to have it and so thankful for our blessings.
I'm thinking about buying a bike and a bike trailer....any opinions from people who have one or would like one? Can you put an infant car seat in one and a 3 year old as well? Brock won't be big enough to sit in one by himself until the end of the summer so I'm going back and forth....
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Easter! Zane's comment cracks me up...
It's a huge expense but I totally recommend the Chariot. It can be jogging stroller, regular stroller, bike stroller etc by putting on the different attachments. It is VERY light too which is a plus when you are pushing two kids in it. There is also an infant sling and a baby head rest that attaches to it so the baby can be secure in the stroller. My sister in law got a carseat to fit in hers but not with another child - mind you they only had one kid at the time. It is also don't recommended to not go biking with a baby in a bike trailer until they are 1 year old. At least that is the recommendation that came with my Chariot.
PS I still use my Chariot a lot...and plan to use it a lot more. Even when the kids are too big, we can use it as a "carrier" trailer for things like groceries etc so we don't always have to drive places. The guy who sold it to me also said the resale value stays pretty high on them.
WE HAVE A CHARIOT AS WELL!WE LOVE IT!! We have the stroller attachments and you can purchase a baby sling. Rainey sat in his chair without a sling from four months on tho.
We towed Daniel and Rainey all last year, and the year prior. They can be pricey but totally worth your money. And if you have any warrentee issues they are really easy to work with!
Good job on the piece at church!
Post a Comment