Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Why not....

Fifty Questions.
1. Do you like blue cheese? I've never tried it. I think there are some things that shouldn't be blue.

2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? Nope. Never been tempted to and the smell makes me sick.

3. Do you own a gun? No. The few times I attempted to shoot a gopher were fun but I have horrible aim.

4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Never been to Sonic but I'm partial to berry flavorings...

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Routine ones no. Surgery - yes and the first couple of baby ones yes but only because of the complications we've had.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? Yum. Especially with cheese, ketchup and mustard.

7. Favorite Christmas Song? how about CD? LOVE the Forgotten Carols. It was the only Christmas music the kids and I listened to in the van this past year!

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Water. Sometimes orange juice - the real kind with lots of pulp.

9. Can you do push-ups? I'm not sure if I can anymore.

10. What is your favorite movie? I don't think I have one.

11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring and my sleeper hoops. I never remember to put earrings in so I love having my hoops.

12. Favorite hobby? Quilting. Blogging. Spending some time alone!

13. Do you work with people who idolize you? Nope.

14. Do you have ADD? Probably. Ask Cliff.

15. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? Being passive.

16. What’s your middle name? Lynn

17. Name three thoughts at this moment: When is Brock going to wake up. Do I have enough time to finish this and get supper started before he wants to eat. Maybe he should sleep in his swing tonight.

18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday: Vinegar and chocolate chips and Cliff bought part of Zane's birthday present.

19. Current worry right now? Having everything ready for this weekend.

21. Current hate right now? Extreme sleep deprivation

22. Favorite place to be? With my family.

23. How did you bring in the New Year? Cliff me and mom did something....and we made it to midnight.

24. Where would you like to go? Somewhere with no snow and I'm looking forward to a few days in southern Alberta at the beginning of April.

25. Name three people who will complete this? I hate these types of questions. I guess whoever has the time.

26. Whose answer do you want to read the most? Again, lameo question.

27. What color shirt are you wearing? Black.

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never done it but don't think I'd like it. I prefer the t-shirt ones.

29. Can you whistle? A little.

30. Favorite color? Red. Brown. Lots of blues.

31. Would you be a pirate? Nope.

32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I think in the shower.

33. Favorite girl’s name? Aubrey

34. Favorite boy’s name? Zane, Rhett and Brock. I LOVED the name Quaid but Cliff wouldn't go for it. I also really like Jack.

35. What’s in your pocket right now? No pockets. Wearing sweats.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? Brock.

37. Best bed sheets as a child? No idea

38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Bat to the head. 3 stitches and still have the scar.

39. What is your favorite snack? depends on the day. Toast is good, yogurt, chocolate....

40. Favorite thing to do on Sundays? Have a nap and enjoy time as a family.

41. Who is your loudest friend? Jennie...it's one of my favorite things about her!

42. How many dogs do you have? No dogs here.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? well Cliff still loves me after almost 8 years of marriage...does that count?

45. What is your favorite book? Usually whatever one I've just finished. I'm actually working my way through a bunch of Ensigns right now.

46. What is your favorite candy? Most things chocolate and Mike and Ikes.

47. What is your favorite sports team? Don't have one. Cliff's is the Canucks.

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Who thinks of these things?

49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Going to bed or getting up with Brock for the first time...I can't remember!

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? Please don't wake up for awhile yet Brock....

Did anyone else realize that #20 and #44 are missing? They weren't there when I copied it. Oh well.
Lists are always fun to do - fun to read others and to look back at the answers you wrote.

A few other things I'm thinking about today...
My dad sent me an email awhile ago. It was a story about a little boy who makes a cub car by himself with mom's supervision because dad isn't interested. He goes to the rally and ends up in the final race against the best looking car there. You know that the kid didn't do much and the other dad pretty much did everything and that this other car is going to waste his wobbly, homely little car. The boy asks for a minute to pray and after his prayer starts the race with a smile. His car wins and he loudly proclaims Thank You! Of course everyone assumes that he prayed to win. But when questioned about it he says something to this effect : "Oh I wouldn't ever pray for someone else to fail so that I could win. I prayed to have the strength not to cry when the other car beat mine." I've thought about this a lot over the past couple of weeks because I think I often pray for the Lord to change something or someone to suite my purposes instead of praying that the Lord will give me strength to face whatever it is I'm facing. This morning I prayed for strength in body and mind to cope with the sleep deprivation. (Brock has slept horribly the past couple of nights) I told the Lord my situation and that I couldn't be the mom that I needed to be in my current state so either I needed my body and mind to work at a higher level or Brock needed to start sleeping at night. I've had a very productive day and know that the Lord has answered my prayer. I hope to remember to pray for strength and not solutions that change the Lord's plan for me.
I've also been thinking about a primary song that Zane is learning. It's not in the Children's song book and is called The Family is of God. The chorus is my favorite and goes like this:

God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be
This is how He shares His love
For the family is of God.

Zane told me that this song makes him feel Jesus in his heart. What can say it better than that?

And I'm thinking about our temple recommend interviews last night. We went to have the stake sign them and met with a member of the presidency that we didn't know. Our presidency has only been in for a few months and President Moore lives in Rocky Mountain House - 45 minutes west of here. Anyways, I went first and after answering all the questions President Moore told me that I have a wonderful countenance about me and that he really enjoyed asking me these questions...this struck me because it was the same thing my bishop said when I met with him. Now I'm not trying to brag or make myself sound better or anything like that. The reason I mention it here and why I've been thinking about it is because it makes me think about my countenance and what other people see there. I don't see anything remarkable when I look in the mirror. In fact right now I see someone who is very tired but trying to do her best and be the best mom she can be. I see a woman who is desperate to start exercising again but can't make herself give up any of the precious little sleep she is getting. I see a woman who eats A LOT of chocolate lately because she's an emotional eater. But those are my concerns and my flaws that I see. It is nice to know that others are seeing something different when they see me. Cliff told me that President Moore said a lot of nice things about me to Cliff as well...I'm not writing them here because I feel like I'm bragging about something that I didn't really do. It also encouraged me because it made me think that some of the small things that I'm doing in my life are affecting me and people around me without me knowing it. It's a nice thought.

2 comments:

shauna said...

I haven't finished it all...I'm too tired...I hear you on sleep deprivation and I don't have a newborn! However, I had to point out that you probably answered #13 wrong...

I'm guessing those three boys you work with/for all day pretty much idolize you. You are their MOM afterall!

shauna said...

Here's my second comment in which I apologize if that sounded snitty! It was only meant in love...bask in the idolization! It makes Mommyhood worth it...