Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I Know....

I read about this idea in the Time Out For Women newsletter that I get every month. You take 15 minutes to write down "I Know" statements that pertain to you. The only catch is that you have to KNOW that each statement is true. I've been wanting to do it for awhile now so here goes!

I know that being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done but also the most rewarding thing I've ever done.
I know that my sons were chosen to be here on earth at this time for a very specific purpose.
I know that I love my husband more today than the day I married him.
I know that I am the one and only in my hubby's world.
I know that the Lord has blessed me with wonderful friends to fill the gap of being far from family.
I know that prayers are answered.
I know that not all prayers are answered right away.
I know that I belong to the the true and living church of Jesus Christ - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I know that life can be hard.
I know that life is a test.
I know that I will not be perfect in this life and that's OK.
I know that I MUST try my hardest to become perfect in this life.
I know that the atonement is real, that my Savior, Jesus Christ, died on the cross for me and was resurrected so that we might all live again.
I know that we will live again after this life.
I know that we can be eternal families.
I know that raising faithful children in today's world is challenging but necessary.
I know that I cannot leave teaching gospel principals to my children to other people. It has to happen in my home.
I know that I am supposed to stay home and nurture my children. Cliff is supposed to provide for us. This isn't always easy.
I know that paying tithing brings blessings.
I know that we all have different challenges.
I know that we all have different talents.
I know that we are all children of our Heavenly Father and that He loves us.
I know that I am the center of my children's world right now and that it will change one day.
I know that raising boys is a lot different than raising girls.
I know that days, weeks, months and years go by faster the older you get.
I know that my age changes every year but I don't feel any older!
I know that I have learned, grown, and changed a lot from the 20 year old girl that married Cliff almost 8 years ago.
I know that I have TONS to still learn.
I know that I love quilting.
I know that I have a talent in music and usually enjoy sharing it.
I know that losing weight is an ongoing, never ending battle for me.
I know that without medical technology two of my sons wouldn't be here today and I probably wouldn't either. That is a miracle.
I know that we are all given trials that we can bear.
I know that I love spring and fall. Summer's a close second and I tolerate winter.
I know that I would hate living farther away from our families but would go with Cliff anywhere he felt our family should be.
I know that being a first time soccer mom is going to be a learning experience!
I know that a smile, kiss, hug or I love you is the best present a child can give you.
I know that life is not always fair.
I know that the Lord has a plan for us all and that I need to trust His time line rather than imposing my own on Him. I know this but don't always remember it!
I know the first 6 weeks with a baby are the hardest and some of the sweetest you'll ever spend.

I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of the Lord and restored the true church to the earth.
I know that the Book of Mormon is true and was written for us in this day and age.
I know being sealed to Cliff in the Temple is one of the best decisions in my life.

I think my 15 minutes is up. That was really refreshing and fun to do!

1 comment:

Suz said...

Wow...what a list....good for you! I know those to be true too!