I have been on my own for a whole week now with the three munchkins. Mom actually left us Sunday afternoon to go home and surprise dad and Cliff had Stake Priesthood meeting Sunday night so I got to do bedtime with all 3 all by myself. Luckily newborns sleep a lot!
We're slowly settling into a semblance of a routine. It all revolves around when Brock is going to eat. Sometimes he goes 3 hours or a little longer and sometimes he barely makes it an hour and a half! Rhett is slowly coming around to the idea that daddy can help him out with things when mom is feeding Brock and has also figured out to ask me for juice right before I start nursing... as in almost ready to latch Brock on. Oh well. At least he's asking BEFORE we officially get started.
It's been a little bit of a crazy week. Cliff's been gone Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights. So I've definitely gotten used to the whole bed time routine again! Rhett is sleeping much better than last week but I still find myself bouncing between my bed, Brock's rocking chair, Rhett's bed and back to my own bed again. There was one night this week that I spent more time out of my bed than in it!
4:00-6:00 is our most challenging time of the day. Rhett is struggling to stay awake and is usually quite grouchy, I'm trying to time supper around Brock's eating, and if he's not eating he wants to be held usually during this time. I'm not sure how I'm going to swing piano lessons yet as I usually teach from 4:00 to 5:30 or 6:00 twice a week. It's going to be interesting when we start up again!
I'm definitely sleep deprived but trying to deal with it as positively as possible. I'm a lot more relaxed this time on what I expect of myself. It's a lot less stressful only having my home to take care of and not my home AND the apartment building like I did when we had Rhett. I basically try to do one big house chore a day that's not getting meals, changing bums, feeding a little one and general clean up stuff. So far, so good. But like I said earlier, Brock sleeps a lot!
I've also managed to get in a nap about every other day. That helps a lot.
The munchkin is fussing so I'll sign off for now. Can't believe that he's already 3 weeks old!
3 comments:
Look at that cute little man! Glad you are more relaxed...and getting in the swing of things. Remember to treasure all the moments with all three of the boys...they grow up so fast!
He's so CUTE! I'm sure you are doing a fabulous job! You have always been destined to be an awesome mommy!
sounds like you are doing amazing! He does look TOTALLY cute!!!!!
Post a Comment