(These pics are from a couple of days ago)
So today is day 6 in the SCN and it was a good day. Brock has been steadily improving and today he was completely weaned off of oxygen. He was in room air for most of the day and did really well - keeping his sat levels above 90% where the doc wants them. He also nursed twice today!!! The doctor is really happy with how his chest sounds now and says he can hear his heart sounds a lot better now - they were really muffled before because of how hard he was working to breathe. So basically the goal now is to get him nursing/bottling every 3 hours instead of every other feed like we did today and his jaundice is still an issue. He's only been under one photo light ever since he went under and if his levels still weren't down with the blood test tonight they were going to start another light as well. I don't know why they've waited so long - it's a little frustrating that the thing holding us up the most now is the jaundice!! But we are just so grateful that he has made such great progress. Every morning I'm pleasantly surprised that he's just kept plugging forward towards coming home. With Rhett he would do really great one day and then have one or two bad days and then progress again. It was really stressful and in the back of my head I keep expecting Brock to do the same. Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. We're hoping that he'll be home with us in a couple of days.
Rhett is having a hard time with mom being gone all the time. He's turned into quite the tantrum throwing stinker and I'm anticipating a rough couple of weeks even after Brock comes home but it's all part of life. For now I'm trying really hard to give him some extra cuddle time when I am home but also to let him know the tantrums aren't acceptable and I'm not giving in to them. It's a hard balance when I'm only home in the evenings but hopefully we'll all be home in a matter of days and then we can work on bonding together as a family.
Zane is doing great... he's adjusting so well to having a new brother and can't wait every day for me to phone with an update on Brock. He's also learning how to tell time and recognize money. Grammie bought him some fun flash cards and he couldn't wait to show me what he knew tonight. He brought them down to Brock's room while I was pumping tonight and went through all the times he knew - all the o'clocks and the 30s.
I am so incredibly blessed to have 3 sons. It's still sinking in that I am a mom to 3....it will feel more real when #3 is home with us. I'm also so blessed and grateful to have the priesthood in my home. Cliff and dad gave us all a blessing last night and also received blessings themselves. Everyone has some form of cold and we need our house to be healthy for Brock to come home. I have been blessed to have the mildest form of the cold - just a little bit of head cold and have felt much better today. I'm hoping for continued improvement in all of us.
Rhett is having a hard time with mom being gone all the time. He's turned into quite the tantrum throwing stinker and I'm anticipating a rough couple of weeks even after Brock comes home but it's all part of life. For now I'm trying really hard to give him some extra cuddle time when I am home but also to let him know the tantrums aren't acceptable and I'm not giving in to them. It's a hard balance when I'm only home in the evenings but hopefully we'll all be home in a matter of days and then we can work on bonding together as a family.
Zane is doing great... he's adjusting so well to having a new brother and can't wait every day for me to phone with an update on Brock. He's also learning how to tell time and recognize money. Grammie bought him some fun flash cards and he couldn't wait to show me what he knew tonight. He brought them down to Brock's room while I was pumping tonight and went through all the times he knew - all the o'clocks and the 30s.
I am so incredibly blessed to have 3 sons. It's still sinking in that I am a mom to 3....it will feel more real when #3 is home with us. I'm also so blessed and grateful to have the priesthood in my home. Cliff and dad gave us all a blessing last night and also received blessings themselves. Everyone has some form of cold and we need our house to be healthy for Brock to come home. I have been blessed to have the mildest form of the cold - just a little bit of head cold and have felt much better today. I'm hoping for continued improvement in all of us.
1 comment:
Kelly - you look wonderful. So glad that you are getting a chance to bond with that little man. Hope he's home with you soon.
Post a Comment