Friday, November 14, 2008

Our recent happenings....

It feels like we have been running all week long...even with Cliff home an extra day on Remembrance day.
Monday I accomplished laundry and taking a really long nap with Rhett. I was just beat all day long. Zane was home from school as well because it was a PD day. So really we didn't do much.
Tuesday I spent the majority of the day working on a quilt. I put the pictures here on my quilt blog.
Wednesday Zane had school (hurray!) and Rhett and I got a lot done around the house, read some books and generally had a great day.
Yesterday my wonderful hubby brought in all the Christmas stuff minus the tree and the kids had a lot of fun helping me decorate. I had a few panic moments as they were "helping" to unpack....I have some breakables that made me nervous but we all survived and the house looks great! Zane also finally finally let me pull his loose tooth! It just popped right out and after a moment of freaking out he thought it was pretty cool! The tooth fairy brought him a loony and he was so excited to buy a "Wonka Bar" (his term for chocolate bars since reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" I didn't take a picture with him and his tooth, but I did take a picture of him this morning with his prize and his toothier grin! And we noticed in the picture that you can already see the other tooth coming in!




Today we have been busy busy. Grocery shopping took a big portion of the morning and some of the afternoon. Everywhere is just getting crazy busy with Christmas and I just don't move very quickly at the moment! And this afternoon we've just been busy getting things settled - Cliff did a bunch of little honey-do things around the house, I got the groceries all put away and after we're done supper tonight we are putting up the tree! Yeah! Then I'll be all done decorating. I've already promised Leslie a blog with pictures of my Christmas house so that may or may not happen later tonight. We'll see how frazzled I am after letting the kids "help" and how long it takes me to re-decorate the tree the way I want it. I know, I know. I have kids. But I still want my tree to look the way I want it to look. They get to help, and I just do some adjusting later. I think I'll probably save my really breakable stuff for after they're in bed!
And Whitney and Tisha have a FABULOUS link to a very worthwhile cause. I finally figured out the whole link thing so go there and click on the quilt give away for Baby Mia if you are interested!

No comments: