Wow. We got a lot done in one day today! And with very minimal fighting! Always a plus in my book.
We headed into Red Deer before 10:30, did some banking and headed to the church so I could meet up with one of my VT gals. The boys and daddy hung out in the van and watched a movie while I did a quick visit and then it was off to the mall to see Santa. We had to stand in line for about 15 minutes before we got to see him but both kids did great with the wait. Zane went right over to Santa and gave him the list he's been working on since July. This is what it looked like: Zane's Christmas List
1. Light Saber
2. Lego Indiana Jones Toy
3. Transformer - Megatron
4. Darth Vader Costume
Rhett was interested in the candy canes and we bribed him with one to sit with Zane and Santa for a picture. He was not impressed and the picture shows him sliding off Santa's lap as fast as he can! We got a couple of just Zane and Santa but the one we chose was the with the 2 of them. It was just too cute!
After lunch we headed to the Festival Of Trees and it was a lot of fun. It's a big charity event for the DTHR where they fill the pavilion in town with hundreds of decorated trees set up, decorations, items for auction and a winter carnival for the kids. It's all indoors but they have all these different booths set up with carnival games, crafts and fun stuff for the kids to do. You buy a bunch of tokens and away you go. The kids a blast, got lots of prizes, and I even got to linger at a few trees. Not as many as I would like, but I did get to oooh and awww over a few. A stop at Old Navy and one at Costco and we were finally headed home.
I have to go back into town for a choir practice tonight....and I'm already tired!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh ya you are in the double digits according to your preggo calender! YAHOO!
Post a Comment