Sunday, November 23, 2008

10 Things....

Yesterday I took the time to move pictures and my blog onto memory sticks again. It's something that I have been meaning to do for a while and just decided to do it. As I was moving blogs into word I came across my last 10 Things blog and realized that it's been a little over 3 months since I last did it. So....here we go!

10 Things I want to Remember about.....

RHETT:
1. He loves to imitate Zane in everything but he still keeps his own independence and is starting to exert it more and more in their play
2. He thinks it's hilarious to pretend to be a cat or a dog - licking and mewing included. I sternly tell him he's not a cat or a dog and ask him what he is. He giggles as he says "I'm a Rhett...a little boy!" And then laughs and giggles like it's the funniest thing ever.
3. His love of everything Christmas! Everywhere we drive he points out decorations with the exclamation: Christmas!
4. He's learning to recognize numbers and letters...and points them out quite often
5. He made his very first pattern out of blocks today all by himself. 2 reds, a green, 2 reds, a green and 2 reds. I was watching him really close without him knowing because I was curious if he was consciously doing it or just by chance....but he was taking them out of Lego that was pushed together and actually arranging them to make that pattern. Wow. It's so fun to see them do something for the very first time
6. His love and enthusiasm for life! This kid loves to live everything to the fullest and is always up for "going" somewhere and "doing" something
7. His vocab has just exploded lately. It's so fun to listen to him try new words and the see the pride on his face when he gets it right
8. He is so excited every day when Daddy gets home. Runs to the door for a quick hug, a chatter of something and then is off again
9. As soon as Zane gets out of his classroom he almost tackles him with a hug and Zane just wraps him up and plants a kiss on his head. Seriously soooo sweet!
10. He's been going to nursery consistently now for almost 3 months....and Zane drops him off almost every Sunday. As soon as Sacrament meeting is over Zane grabs his hand, I get a quick kiss and he's off like every other big kid...he's in heaven and it's so fun to watch this new "big" kid that has entered our world. Every day he gets further and further from the baby he was.

ZANE....
1. His LOVE for school. His favorites are of course recess and gym class but he loves computer, library and everything he does. He's not very forth coming with details which drives me bonkers sometimes but he learns so many fun things that manifest themselves through life here at home
2. His incredible LOVE for his brother. Although Rhett is probably one of the biggest frustrations in his life he is also one of the most important people in his life as well. He is kind, thoughtful and inclusive to Rhett. Truly a fabulous role model for Rhett of what a big brother should be and I couldn't be prouder of him
3. His new favorite phrase "Oh, by the way...." and then continues on with a story or comment or even a question. He hasn't really quite got the logistics of how and when to use it but it's just so stinkin' cute to hear such a grown up phrase come out of his mouth
4. His creativity. He is constantly making something out of something else. Lego into complex ships or guns, guitars out of hockey sticks, ships out of cards....everything can be used for something other than it's real purpose. And he usually makes sure that he finds something for Rhett to be included in the re-purposing or building of the latest creation
5. His growing independence. It's amazing to watch the things that he can do and wants to do for himself....washing his own hair, pouring his own drinks, changing movies, plugging in the Christmas lights, winding the music box on the snow globe....lots of things that show just how grown up he's really getting
6. He LOVES to talk on the phone and if in the right mood will talk your ear off. As soon as he hears "Grandma's" ring he is demanding to talk to her. And if it's been a couple of days he's asking to call her. He seems to enjoy talking to both grandmas and aunties alike. He just rambles and pulls out odd facts and things going on in his life. He'll finish a thought and then stalls with "so..." while he gets his thoughts in order and then moves on. It's a lot of fun to listen to but can drive me nuts when I'm actually trying to talk to mom or someone and he's there demanding his own time.
7. His new appreciation for fashion. For the past 3 years he has shunned any shirt with a collar or buttons. Every Sunday was a struggle to get him dressed....he is actually ASKING to wear his church shirts or a polo shirt....and conceded to letting us gel his hair. He still prefers sweats to jeans...but who doesn't?
8. His imagination is unbelievable! The games and schemes he comes up with for him and Rhett and their friends are just awe inspiring sometimes. I hope he never loses that. In fact, the other day he asked me "mom, do you know what my imagination is?" "What is it?" I asked. "It's in my mind where things come to me and then I know what to do". "I'm glad you have such a good imagination" "Yeah, me too"
9. His music talent! yeah!!! I know I'm biased because I am his mom and his piano teacher and I really shouldn't compare him to anyone else....but out of all my beginners he is the one who is 'getting' it the best and most naturally. Hopefully we'll be able to keep nurturing it!
10. His general curiosity about things in life. He is always trying to figure something new out - time, how the weeks and months work, time in relation to other things - like Christmas, birthdays, when the baby comes in relation to everything else in his world. I just know that his mind is always going from the questions he comes up with!

CLIFF.....
1. His excitement to see his boys as soon as he gets in the door
2. The wrestling/tickling matches that occur on an almost nightly basis between him and the boys
3. His quiet leadership in our home...I really appreciate it!
4. His thought fullness towards me...especially as this baby gets bigger and bigger and I get slower and more awkward
5. His fun and teasing....always keeps me on my toes and makes me laugh. We've been married for 7.5 years and he still makes me laugh every day!
6. How HARD he works so I can stay home with the boys. I think I write this down every time but it really is true and I hope it never changes. I try to let him know how much I appreciate him and his time and effort.
7. His love for sports. He is passing it on to our boys and its fun to watch him pass on the love and knowledge that I'm sure he learned from his dad and uncles and grandpas. A great family tradition
8. Watching him play with the kids. Lately I've caught them playing hockey and soccer in the hallway, shooting jedi guns and having sword fights. All little boys could count themselves lucky to have a daddy like Cliff
9. I got a phone call last night on my home from a baby shower...Rhett was sleeping with Zane and Zane had woken up and puked all over the bed, himself and Rhett....he wanted to know how long I would be. When I got home both boys were bathed, new jammies, new bedding and back in bed sleeping. AND everything that was covered in puke was already in the washer. That right there made me fall in love with him all over again.
10. His indulgence of my love/obsession of all things Christmas and his willingness to help me create memories for our boys through traditions that we've borrowed from our families and also the ones that we have started. Point in fact: Festival of Trees with 2 hyper kids, huge crowds and fun had by all of us.
I love you hon!

ME.....
1. I'm very anxious for this pregnancy to be over but as the weeks go by I remember more and more how this has to end and how much it hurts.
2. I'm stressed about not having any snow yet. I know, I know. Am I mental? I don't LIKE snow. BUT I'm stressed that it is all going to come in February and it's going to be hard to get to the hospital or something stupid like that. Sigh. I know, I stress too much
3. I feel as huge as a whale. (Are you sensing a theme here...so far all pregnancy related...)
4. I am trying really hard to enjoy my kids every day and not get caught up in everyday life
5. I LOVE to read to the boys...one cuddled up on each side and sharing my love of a good book with them. Sometimes we only get a couple of stories in but other days we do marathon reading and get almost an hour in. love it
6. You are going to laugh at this next one but I don't care. I miss my small boobs. (Sorry kids if you're reading this!) I have forgotten what it's like to have a chest this size and I'm really not enjoying it
7. I'm stressed over a name for this kiddo. Cliff doesn't like my favorite - Quaid - and although I like others I'm just not in love with any
8. I am really looking forward to Christmas although the decorating part is the only thing that is completed!
9. I feel like I have a lot of projects planned and on the go that I want to get done before this baby gets here....and I'm not sure if they're all going to get done
10. I miss my mom and my sisters a lot...thank goodness for phones and Internet!

OUR FAMILY...
1. We are all looking forward to the arrival of baby #3
2. I feel like we are making headway in traditions and habits - good things like prayers, scriptures, FHE, Christmas fun, fall traditions....
3. Is excited to go home for Christmas
4. love to laugh together
5. love to snuggle together
6. love to bake together...well daddy supervises and enjoys the fruits of our labors
7. really likes living in Sylvan Lake
8. is blessed with some of the best friends anyone could ask for
9. is NOT perfect...but we're working on it
10. LOVE each other

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly...have you heard of this website?

http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

I keep thinking I am gonna use it to keep my blogs for the future.

KellyLady said...

oooh, I might have to try that out...