Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer Days

It seems like every time I blink another day has come and gone. We're having a pretty lazy summer so far. We try to go to the park or the lake in the mornings and that frees up our afternoons for Rhett's nap and some down time for me and Zane. I'm working on 3 quilts right now trying to get 2 of them done in the next 3 weeks or so. Ahh. I'm a little crazy sometimes. We've started our softball rec league and we usually bring the boys with us Wednesday nights...late night for them usually means a little grumpiness the next day but it's still fun to get out and play. I'm not so sure that I'm a great contributor to the team all the time but I try.
We're starting to count days until we leave for southern Alberta for Lishie and Jay's wedding. I think we're down to 12...pretty exciting and me and the boys will stay for a couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll get lots of playing with friends and family in, lots of quilting for me and grammie, and a good visit to hold us until the next time we're down.
We got to see Grandpa Dooley on Tuesday for awhile and the kids had a blast playing with Grandpa. We went for a bike ride and Zane got too far ahead so I had to run about 3 blocks to catch up with him. I was furious that he had gone so far ahead but by the time I caught up to him I was breathing so hard I couldn't yell. I explained as calmly as I could that when he was that far ahead I can't help him if he falls or if someone tried to grab him off his bike. (what an awful world that I have to explain that one to my 5 year old) But I also praised him for his confidence in going up and down the curbs because that's been a sore point the past couple of weeks. We're hoping to see Grandpa again today!
Zane now has two friends named Parker and he's forever talking about one of the other of them. Parker Allred lives here in Sylvan while Parker Guenther lives in Red Deer. It's fun to listen to him talk about one or the other of them and plan for play dates or things he can make them.
Sorry this is short...I've got a list a mile long today and not a lot of time to get it done!

No comments: