Ok I know I did this 3 months ago but things always change and my memory can always use the help!
10 Thing I Want to Remember about Rhett....
1. Your obsession with Lightning McQueen....you carry your Lightning car everywhere and are always saying "oh no mom...queen crashed!" to which I say "Oh, no, McQueen crashed" and to which you giggle and say "yeah, 'Queen crashed AGAIN!" - with lots of emphasis added
2. You are absolutely thrilled that you can call Zane by name now and yourself as well
3. You LOVE books...and will hole up in your room with me and just bring me books and snuggle in the rocking chair...I love it
4. When you hear the word GO you automatically head for the door at top speed, find your shoes and follow me around begging until I put them on you
5. You want to do everything that Zane does...right now
6. Every time you hear a vehicle in the alley you run to the window to see if it's Daddy...and when he finally gets home you rush the door and attack his legs
7. You RUN everywhere!
8. You are finally starting to sleep through most nights. Thank you!
9. You're starting to add words to your vocab very quickly now and have mastered AMEN at prayers - something you are very proud of
10. You love to "talk" to grammie on the phone - you get it, put it to your ear and walk around saying "hi bubba" about 5 or 6 times then listen and start all over again
10 Things I want to Remember about Zane....
1. Your new-found independence....pouring your own water and milk, getting your own snacks...hard for your control freak mom to let go but awesome to see you do it
2. You went up with the primary kids to sing today even though you were scared to death. You stood there shaking and winking at me and held it together until you got back to me. I was so proud and trying not to cry for you because it was a big hurdle for you to conquer!
3. Your love of friends!
4. You are a chatter box on the phone now...you love to talk to the grandma's and I have to sneak in my own talk time or else I don't get to talk...and you talk for about 20 minutes at a time! So fun to listen to you ramble on to them
5. You love chapter books - we read every night one or two chapters of a book and we've already finished Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Charlotte's Web. We watched both of the movies already and we're looking forward to finishing Matilda.
6. You always give me lots of hugs and kisses and tell me how much you love me!
7. You are so kind to Rhett - yesterday you made sure to ask for an extra sucker in primary so Rhett could have one too
8. You could eat the same thing for lunch every day - cheese and crackers and an apple
9. You are getting so much better on your bike!
10. You're growing up so fast but still need your mom's hugs and kisses and cuddles
10 Things I want to remember about Cliff
1. The way you pray sincerely for our family and the blessings that we need. I love to listen to you talk to our Father
2. Your reassuring calm when I'm freaking out about something small
3. Golfing early in the morning so you can still spend time with us on your day off
4. Complimenting me on my cooking
5. Calling me when you are going to be late...keeps my mind at ease and from imagining horrible things!
6. How I am your social secretary - you tell me when events are and check with me to make sure we don't have things planned before agreeing to a guy's night
7. You tell me you love me everyday
8. You and Zane playing hockey or basketball
9. You and Rhett after baths...Rhett wrapped up in his towel and just chillin' with dad watching whatever sport is on
10. You spoil me!
10 Things I want to remember about Me...
1. I'm learning to nap
2. I'm learning to be a bit more spontaneous with plans
3. Dealing with a 2 year old on a daily basis is NOT making me more patient
4. I'm still sleep deprived
5. I'm enjoying quilting
6. I'm hoping to be released from music soon...
7. Love cheesecake
8. Miss my hubby every day that I'm in southern Alberta
9. Hoping my house sells but am ok if we stay longer
10. Am so blessed to have all the good friends I do
We had a talk from our high council member yesterday and he talked about keeping a journal and recording things in your life that are important to you, spiritual experiences, as well as everyday events. I hope that someday the effort I make now will bless my family and maybe they'll learn something that will help them in their lives.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love these posts of yours. It makes me look more closely at the people I love to be sure I notice 10 things about them. Thanks Kelly!
Post a Comment