Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pictures, Father's Day and Cathing up

I know it's been awhile. And I have been doing things. But mostly I just didn't feel like I really had anything to write down. So we'll add some pictures and start to ramble and I'll probably get to the end of this post and realize that I really did have something to say!



This is the quilt I made for Lara's baby boy Burke. I went to her shower Thursday night and had so much fun. Everyone loved the quilt and I owe it all to Whitney's fabulous tutorial! Thanks Whit!



I took the kids and went to the Innisfail Parade on Saturday morning with Dave, Leslie and the kids. We met Leslie's mom there and it was great! It rained all the way to Innisfail and all the way back to Red Deer but it didn't rain on the parade! The kids had a blast running after candy, waving to everyone and enjoying the free for all we gave them on what they ate. Zane decided to eat a piece of salt water taffy and pulled out one of his fillings. ( I don't usually let him eat that stuff just for that reason but didn't notice what he chose out of his bag) Hopefully we'll be able to get into the pediatric dentist sooner than later to get it fixed! After the parade I took the kids back to Red Deer and picked up lunch at Wendy's, which is something Zane has been wanting to do for quite a while. Rhett fell asleep on the way home and Zane and I were able to have some fun time together. We played a game, did some mazes in his maze book and wrapped Cliff's Father's Day present. After Rhett woke up they decided to do some more decorating of the wrapping...
And they couldn't wait for Cliff to open it so we all got to enjoy Daddy's father's day gift a day early....

Rhett has the tail end of his croupy cough and Zane's only on day 2 of it so we stayed home from church. Too many kids in our ward to go out in public with that kind of stuff. The Robison family came over for supper and some fun and we let all the kids take a turn at the drums with Cliff helping...it was so much fun to watch all of their different reactions and expressions. We are so blessed to have such great friends to share good times with.


With today being Father's Day I would like to thank my husband for being the wonderful man that he is. He is so proud of his boys and is such a great daddy with them. I count my blessings every day that he is ours and know that he will do a wonderful job of showing them how to be a righteous man, a worthy priesthood holder and some day a wonderful husband and dad themselves. I love you hun! Hope you had a good day! And of course I am so grateful for my own dad and for Cliff's dad. Both continue to be great supports to us and wonderful examples to their grandsons. My children are truly blessed to have these great men in their lives.

Life is good, the sun is shining at the moment, and I am loved. What more could I ask for?

1 comment:

LindsayB said...

love the quilt, you did a great job! and rhett looks so cute with the little microphone.