Sunday, June 22, 2008

Am I Prepared?

Earlier this week I had the constant feeling and impression that I needed to make sure our 72 hour kit was ready and accessible. It consumed my thoughts and I felt an urgency that I could not put off. I knew it was the spirit whispering so I took some time of my day to go through our kit and organized, added to it, and made a list of things that I still need to collect for it. As I was doing this I kept thinking of different scenarios that would cause us to need our kit and what we would do in these situations...what I would grab if we had to leave immediately, or in fifteen minutes or in 2 hours. It was really interesting to me to think of the things that held such importance in our lives that I would grab them in the 15 minute situation and others in the 2 hour situation. I also know that we would be heading to Raymond if anything did happen. My mom suggested this awhile ago and it makes sense for us to head for our families if there is a crisis. So tomorrow we are going to have a family home evening on being prepared, and exit strategies out of the house and that sort of thing.
The kids and I really enjoyed the sunshine we had this week. They've both got tan lines for the first time...we're not hibernating inside an apartment anymore and both kids beg to go outside all the time. I'm sporting some pretty good lines myself this year and hope that the sunshine keeps up so I can keep the tan. It's nice to be a darker shade of white!
I feel like time is just flying by as we go from one activity to the next. I've been working on a quilt, we've gone to the park, played with the Robison kids and Cliff and I were able to do a temple session on Friday. It's always great to go to the temple and feel the peace and comfort that comes from that sanctuary. I am so thankful that we have a temple close enough to go to on a monthly basis and for a great friend who will watch our children all day so that it's possible! Thanks Leslie! We both were able to get some answers that we have been working on for awhile so it made the trip just that more special and nice.
Yesterday I finally finished re-painting the bathroom. Way back in February when Cliff put in the new tub and toilet the walls got a little mucked up in places so cliff mudded and sanded and I painted....The bathroom is NOT my favorite room to paint in the house. Ours has too many little spots that a roller won't fit and the last time I did this I had Kinsey here to help. So much quicker when you have someone cutting and someone rolling. Oh well. It's done, it looks good, and hopefully when we sell people will think that too!
I can't believe that it is almost the 1st of July. We're not going to be home for the first this year... That has never happened in all of my 27 years. But the kids and I are staying for almost 2 weeks at the end of July after Alisha's wedding. We're looking forward to lots of fun times with family and friends. We're very lucky that our families will let us come and stay for such long times and that Cliff is willing to let me and kids go. He misses us so much but knows how much I miss our families and how important it is for the kids to have those family ties as well.
Have I rambled enough? I think I probably have. I know it was fairly random but honestly that's how my brain has been working lately! Hope all is well with everyone!

1 comment:

Tisha said...

Ooh, two whole weeks! I'm sure there must be some time to get together then! Good to hear you're doing ok!