I know Leslie has already blogged about this so if you read her blog and mine...sorry. Leslie, Alisha and I went to the stake's annual piggy bank sale this past Saturday. Basically people in the stake and community at large donate anything from clothes to furniture to electronics...basically anything that is still in good repair but they don't have any use for anymore...and then it's like a big rummage sale at the church. Everything is priced at 10 cents...yep...you read write....10 cents! Ahh the pure bliss of going without our kids and finding some great things. My intention was to look for fun patterns in shirts and stuff that I could cut up for quilts....(great idea from my mom!) I spent $4.30 and came home with some great stuff. I promised mom that I would take pictures of all my material...I'll try to get them in on this post.
Us girls also went to Earl's for lunch....a full meal of girl talk. Oh it was bliss. Thanks gal 'cause it was so fun!
(the basket is full of jenas and khakis that I'm going to use for a denim quilt and the rest is all fun stuff for quilts.)
What other fun things have I been up to? Yesterday we hung out in the morning while Cliff and some friends went golfing and in the afternoon we headed in to Red Deer to Rick and Kala Striebel's house for some softball and potluck supper. It was lots of fun....there was probably about 30 of us...kids and adults....and after a fun game we headed for the backyard for food and conversation. They have a trampoline that all the kids were nuts about. House rules were one kid at a time so there was always a line up. Our kids were almost the youngest there and when the night was almost over Zane came over to where I was in tears claiming that the big kids weren't giving him a turn. I asked if he was in line and he tearfully proclaimed that he was in his own line! Poor kid. Daddy took him over and got him in the right line and all was good. Kala is a maternity nurse and gave me lots of good info....of course it's still hypothetical and at least 3 years away before I would do anything....but its definitely an idea. We got home, got the kids in bed and watched a bunch of season endings to some of favorite shows....I bawled my eyes out over one. I'm such a sap sometimes.
Today Cliff and I bought something that I have been wanting for a really really long time. New dining room furniture. Table and 4 chairs....Sims furniture let us buy some stuff out of the back of their warehouse (not sure if it's open to everyone or just because the wife of one of the sales guys at Trail is in sales there) Anyways, We have 2 chairs that are the same, one that is pretty similar and one that's not but I don't care because I think they're all great....and very heavy! So one of the best parts of it is the price tag. I added up the total RETAIL with GST = $1595....should I tell you what we paid? You better sit down because I just about fell over when I realized the difference....we paid $215. Yep....we saved more than $1300!!! And why were they such amazing prices? They have a few scratches, aren't perfectly balanced, or some other minor flaw. This might bother some people. It thrills me. Why you ask? Let's review the ages of my children....5 and 2....and we're trying for a third. Kids are hard on furniture. No getting around it. My new stuff isn't perfect and that takes the stress off of me to keep it that way. Plus it lends a bit of character to it. Happy anniversary to us! I should add that the original plan was to buy chairs...no mention of a table but I saw it, fell in love with it and I'm spoiled. There's really no other way to say it. Cliff absolutely spoils me.
Today Cliff and I bought something that I have been wanting for a really really long time. New dining room furniture. Table and 4 chairs....Sims furniture let us buy some stuff out of the back of their warehouse (not sure if it's open to everyone or just because the wife of one of the sales guys at Trail is in sales there) Anyways, We have 2 chairs that are the same, one that is pretty similar and one that's not but I don't care because I think they're all great....and very heavy! So one of the best parts of it is the price tag. I added up the total RETAIL with GST = $1595....should I tell you what we paid? You better sit down because I just about fell over when I realized the difference....we paid $215. Yep....we saved more than $1300!!! And why were they such amazing prices? They have a few scratches, aren't perfectly balanced, or some other minor flaw. This might bother some people. It thrills me. Why you ask? Let's review the ages of my children....5 and 2....and we're trying for a third. Kids are hard on furniture. No getting around it. My new stuff isn't perfect and that takes the stress off of me to keep it that way. Plus it lends a bit of character to it. Happy anniversary to us! I should add that the original plan was to buy chairs...no mention of a table but I saw it, fell in love with it and I'm spoiled. There's really no other way to say it. Cliff absolutely spoils me.
3 comments:
Cute table. That is a steal of a deal....looks like a week of bargains for you...we should do some more shopping!
Gee I wonder if I could get some deals like that if I went with you! I love that table!
WOW that is a nice table!!!
Post a Comment