So Rhett will be 2 on Sunday...craziness. Seriously, how can it be 2 years already that Cliff kissed me and said you can have the baby after the big sale on Thursday....and what did I do? Called him at 9:03 Thursday morning and told him my water broke. The guys at work still don't let me live that down...every time a private sale comes around they all have to mention the fact that Cliff had such a great day number wise and wasn't even in the store because he was in the hospital with me!
So anyways, being the softie and general mommy suck that I am, I thought that maybe if I wrote some of the fun things my little man is doing these days a few days before he actually turns 2 I might get through this without crying. Don't know why 2 is such a hard birthday for me - just is.
Let's see....
Rhett's new favorite words: Hi you guys....Lightning McQueen....I got you....there he is....kitty....JUICE....hat (much emphasis on the T)....run....truck....shoes....my...mine....
Funny or Amusing things he's been doing recently(and of course I don't want to forget!):
The other night I was putting the kids to bed and in Zane's room singing to him when I heard a noise coming from Rhett's room....I stuck my head back in there and Rhett's all cuddled into bed doing the whole fake snoring thing...you know where you do the really loud snore in and the phew thing out? Yep...and then he sits up, grins at me, says "sleep" and lays back down and starts it all over again. I burst out laughing because it was just so cute. He now will randomly lay down anywhere in the house and start to "sleep". It cracks me up every time....what 2 year old does this? I posed this question to Leslie and she started to laugh because Tanner does the same thing....who taught them this?
My son has learned to jump....not just a little bit of a skip, but a whole 2 feet-off-the-ground jump and then he lets himself fall in this dramatic little heap complete with a very dramatic "ohhh" and then he gets up and does it all again. Of course he thinks this is just hilarious
Every car he sees is Lighting McQueen....or truck. Take your pick.
He does not like it when I put things in his pockets.
He is starting to sit on the potty for treats....but has yet to pee in it. But really...we're just trying to get the idea there for now.
Walks around with his blanket in his teeth...not sure what this one's all about but it makes him happy...that is until he trips on it!
Likes to "talk" to grammie on the phone...really he just grabs the phone, puts it on his shoulder and starts to natter. Poor grammie...she can hear him but he can't hear her...although the last couple of times he has put the phone up to his ear for a few fleeting seconds
Has discovered slides...and loves them. I'm to that beloved age where park going is great because I get to sit on the bench and watch instead of climbing all over the silly thing myself
We went for a walk tonight after supper (silly kid has been taking insanely long naps - 2 to 3 hours and didn't wake up until 5...why don't I wake him up do you ask? For the same reason you don't wake up a hibernating bear...I like all my limbs where they are thank you...dealing with him being up a little past bedtime is much preferable to the bear he is when woken..but back to my story!) So I decided we needed to burn some energy...usually our walks lately have consisted of Rhett in the stroller and Zane on his bike and we do about a 30 minute loop. Today I decided to see how Rhett did walking and he did the whole thing! It took a little longer but he did it. Now here's the part that cracked me up....there is a part of our loop that's about 3 blocks of pure sidewalk - no driveways, no new streets, just sidewalk, and it's slightly down hill. Zane loves it because he can go really fast - so he takes off and me and Rhett start after him. Rhett decides to hurry a little and starts to run...about 3/4 of the way I asked him if he wanted to walk because I could hear him starting to pant a little...but he said "no...pant, pant...run...pant, pant" so I kept up and prayed the whole way that neither one of them would biff it because I didn't have band aids and didn't want to pack Rhett home or try to convince Zane to get back on his bike. Luckily we all made it!
On the same walk we encounter big circle compasses set into a great path close to our house. They are labelled with an N, E, S, and W. As we got to the first one, Rhett said clear as a bell "W" and pointed to the ground. I thought, nah, it's just a fluke. We came to the next one and he did it again...and I thought, really? So the next one I asked him "Rhett, where's the W? " And the little stink went and stood on it! Seriously? My 2 year old can say and recognize W? It just makes me giggle because most kids i know learn A first or the letter that starts their name...W just seems so random and I've never heard him say it before either so it just makes it that much funnier to me. But then when my little guy is in a good mood everything he does is fun and funnier.
He loves to wake up daddy in the morning...his idea of this is to crawl up on bed, pounce on Daddy (who usually knows he's coming) and then make a speedy retreat to avoid tickling....some days he makes it, some days he doesn't.
He LOVES Zane. Wants to be Zane and do everything that Zane does. Will do anything for Zane (as long as in a good mood) Thinks that he has died and gone to heaven when Zane plays with him (which is really most of the time). Two boys together really is great.
Is still a mama suck. Sigh. One day I'll make it back to Relief Society....and not nursery...one day
Loves peanut butter and usually eats it 3 times a day...on a bun or on graham crackers...eats most of the peanut butter by sliding his finger through it and then licking it off... crazy kid!
Has refused to drink milk for over a month....not sure what's up with that or if I should really push it? Opinions from you wonderful pediatric nurses?
Knows how to drive his brother crazy...his favorite lately is to "play" the piano while Zane is watching a movie. Drives Zane nuts and Rhett pretends to be deaf to his pleas to stop. I'm torn on these days because I don't want to tell him not to play the piano....but he is annoying his brother. I try to 50-50 it.
Loves to watch sports with Cliff...his attention span is still short but he totally gets that it's all about the ball. The other day they were watching golf (yes, you may roll your eyes) and he watched the guy hit the ball and then looked at Cliff and asked "where's the ball...where'd it go?" And then when they cut to the ball landing on the green he shrieked "there it is!" and cheered when the guy putted it in....we're talking arms in the air and cheer loud enough for me to hear down at the other end of the house. I thought Cliff was going to pee his pants from laughing.
Would live outside...but doesn't always want to stay in the yard...hmmm, may need to put the gate back up even though it's broken. Note to self to think about that one.
Any bump, fall or slight nudge of anything needs an immediate kiss and then it's fine. Even the big bumps that cause real tears get a kiss and then he's done and goes on with what he was doing even though he's still crying.
He knows which shoes belong to who in our family and as soon as it is announced that we are "going" he makes sure that everyone has a pair....even if he has to try a few times to get the appropriate one...(tried to give me heals the other day to go to preschool...just not my style!)
I love this little boy sooooo much. He is so different from Zane and it's a constant adventure with him around. I never know what he's going to do next and not being able to distract him drives me crazy but I wouldn't trade him for the world. Of course I'll do his "official" 2 year old post in a few days but maybe this will keep the chuckles going until then instead of the tears!
Thursday, May 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, He's such a cutie!! They grow so fast. I am quickly learning that!
aw, what a cutie. love the 2 year olds (when they are in a good mood, so true) alli totally does the fake sleep too, that's hilarius! a few weeks ago when i was making derek flip between a home renos show and golf, alli says dad let's just watch golf. are you kidding me?!
since you asked, now i'll get all professional on ya. he needs calcium so if he is eating enough other dairy he's fine. but there is vit. d in milk that isn't really in food, only the sun. so he's gotta be outside LOTS when the sun is out to get that. i started a terrible habit with alli, chocolate milk! i get the syrup so i can regulate it, but she begs for it! worst part, she was drinking milk fine before. i just decided to introduce her to hot chocolate during the winter, silly me.
Post a Comment