I am still around...I've been painting trim in my house because we're trying to get it ready to sell...it seems like we've been in this state forever but we're slowly getting the projects done. The massive dump of snow did not help as it caused one of our eaves troughs to fall off our house! And of course it couldn't be one of the small ones at the front or back...it had to be one of the ones that runs the entire length of our house. Leslie was dropping her kids off on Wednesday and we were chatting for a few minutes when all of a sudden it just dropped. We both just stood there looking at each other like "that did not just happened" it really was kinda funny the way it happened but adds one more thing to our list and the last blast of winter has set us back by about 2 weeks now...sigh. I keep reminding myself that our Heavenly Father controls the weather and knows we want to sell so maybe we're supposed to wait a couple of more weeks?
I have a really good post forming in my head...but I'm not quite ready to put it into words...I want it here recorded for me and my memory and hopefully for my kids and so forth, but it's one of those that makes sense in your head when you're thinking about it but not when you try to put it into words. So I"ll let you know when I get there.
We got a new Relief Society presidency today in church...I was surprised but now surprised and think the new presidency will be fantastic! But will miss the old one too.
Zane asked/told me something the other day that really just stunned me....and Leslie as well since I was talking to her on the phone at the time....I was doing something in the kitchen and Rhett was asleep, Zane was watching a movie when he walked in the kitchen, sat on a chair and said very matter of fact "mommy I know why our baby isn't in your tummy anymore....it's because Rhett kicked you too many times" (Rhett likes to kick a lot when he's getting his diaper changed and occasionally lands one) It felt to me like time froze for a few seconds. How do you explain to your 5 year old that his younger brother did not make you not have a baby in your tummy anymore and who knew that he was still pondering over this? Thank goodness Heavenly Father has given us the gift of the Holy Ghost because even though it felt like time had stopped I heard myself very calmly explaining to him that Rhett had not made the baby leave my tummy...that something went wrong and the baby wasn't growing correctly in my tummy and that was why we didn't have a baby anymore. I thought that was the end of it but he made another comment a few seconds later so I told him that mommy and daddy had gone to the temple and that Heavenly Father had the Holy Ghost whisper in mommy's head that we would have another baby. I told him when it was time Heavenly Father would put another baby in mommy's tummy...that seemed to appease him but oh my gosh! The things that are going through that boy's head scare me sometimes! He is 5!!!! I'm so thankful that he is young enough and innocent enough to tell me these things though...I hope that doesn't change as he gets older.
Hmmm...this is kind of a random post but I know it's been a while...I'm working on a quilt and it's calling my name right now...I'll post pictures soon. Thanks Whitney for the brilliant tutorial on the circle quilt. I'm loving how mine is turning out!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You forgot to mention that while you continued to stare in disbelief at your eavestrough I was just about rolling on the floor laughing! (you have such a wonderful friend in me!)
Zane is such a little man! I am amazed at the things that he comes up with sometimes. "Finders Keepers" right? I loved the way you handled the baby questions. Well done!
Post a Comment