I know, I know. You all thought that I got on board the holiday train and decided never to return.....I considered it! However, here we are back in Sylvan Lake and slowly getting back to real life.
First a quick holiday summary: We left on the 21st for Barnwell and stayed there until afternoon on the 24th. Poor Rhett came down with the stomach flu the night before we left so missed our own Christmas (sacked out on the couch...poor kidlet) Anyways, we had so much fun with Cliff's family...ate so much good food...and got spoiled rotten with time, attention, fun and gifts by everyone. On the afternoon we packed up our still sickly kids and headed for Raymond. Shortly after we got to Raymond Santa Clause showed up and surprised the boys. The night was a little chaotic but lots of fun and the next morning we had everyone up except for Zane. Daddy went and woke him up and then the fun began. We had a great day opening gifts and playing with new toys and games and stuff. We just relaxed and played and enjoyed being with our family. Cliff left for home on Boxing Day and the boys and I stayed until the 30th. Then we brought Grammie home with us....and now she has the flu. Oh, did I mention that Grandpa Dooley got sick too? He never learns not to share his whip creme with Rhett when Rhett's not feeling good.
So now we're home and the gifts are put away, and the decorations are down and stored away for next year and we are on to a brand new year. I've worked really hard since June and the Thursday before Christmas I hit my 60 lb mark....yep, I've lost 60 lbs! I am no longer considered over weight and I really can't put into words the joy that day brought me. I was so proud of myself and happy for the results. I've gone from a size 16/18 jean to a size 6 or 28 waist. I've gone from a 2xx shirt to medium or large. It's really mind blowing some times and I'm never going back....I love my new body and am excited to reach my last goal....15 lbs to go!
And of course, with the new year and the new me I've been thinking about things that I want to do and improve on. I've really got quite the list and as I've been thinking about it a phrase from the movie "Meet the Robinsons" popped into my head : Keep Moving Forward. There are a lot of things that I have started recently and some not so recently that I want to keep going with. I want to keep moving forward in developing my sense of me....in becoming a better wife....a better mom....sister, daughter and friend. I want to keep moving forward in our real estate journey...I want to read all the good books I got for Christmas and apply the advice to my life and my family. I want to look on my failures as steps to success and see just how far I have come....not only in my physical health but also my spiritual and mental health as well. So that is what I am aiming for. Not a big to do list, or 10 new resolutions. Just the determination to keep moving in the direction that I feel good about.
We have lots of pictures....mostly from Barnwell as we video taped in Raymond...haven't chose my favorites yet. Maybe next post! Hope everyone is having a wonderful new year!
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank goodness you got off the holiday train! I've missed having your posts to read...sounds like it was a great Christmas minus the sickness! Keep on keeping on Kelly! You are fab!
Happy Happy birthday Kelly dear... well, you know the rest! Hope you are having a great happy birthday! Luv ya tons!!
i like the keep moving forward thing. sounds like you guys had such a fun christmas too. you looked so great when i saw you at church. good job on your part! you have to remind me what your eating plan is. i need to join you for the last 15!
Thanks Lindsay. It was fun to run into so many people while in Raymond! And as for the eating plan I follow the point system with weight watchers. All it is is portion control and lots of exercise but it's given me the accountability and knowledge that I've needed to come this far and make this a lifestyle change.
Post a Comment