Now before you roll your eyes please note the date. That's right folks, I waited a whole 10 days longer this year than I usually do before decorating.
Decorating for Christmas has always been one of my favorite things to do. I love the spirit that comes with the Christmas season and I love to bring that visibly into my home. Zane was in turn endearing and so fun to decorate with but he also had his moments when he was over anxious and I stressed out a little over some of the breakables.
And then came the tree. Once we got it up, fluffed out, lights and garland on we decided to let the kids help finish....major step for the control freak in me! But it was fun for the most part. Rhett is too little to work the hooks or string so he just took whatever ball he could grab and would go and stuff it into the tree! I was kept busy trying to empty his decoration stash and evenly space out the ones that Zane was putting on. Cliff video taped while we did this and for the most part it went pretty well.
The boys and I will be packing up and heading for Raymond on Tuesday after preschool and the piano lessons I teach. We get to stay until Monday! I'm so lucky to be married to Cliff - he knows how much I get homesick and even though he misses us tons he always says that I should go and take the boys. And we get to spend a whole day in Barnwell this trip too! It's going to be a lot of fun...with a lot of work and planning tomorrow!
4 comments:
You crack me up! My kids will be tickled pink to come over when you get back. We told them we would set up our stuff after Gramma R leaves on the 25th. They are sooooo excited. Have fun this week
Looks great! I can't wait to start decorating but that is an after Thanksgiving and renovation thing this year. I was window shopping at Walmart tonight and dreamed of all the fun things to decorate with.
Have fun with the fam in Southern Alberta
Looks good Kelly! We usually put up Christmas the last Sunday in November but I guess this year it will have to wait a bit! The fun part thoughh will be setting up Christmas before almost anything else in our new home! Have a fun visit this week...
Kelly, stumbled on your blog (from Lindsay) anyway so fun to get into the season and make the most of it. By the way you look fantastic. Way to go!!
Post a Comment