Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Some Weeks Feel Like Months

Have you ever had one of those weeks when you look back on everything that has happened in it and you think "has it really only been seven days?" We have had one of those weeks. Some things in our week have been wonderful, some scary, and others very faith promoting and confirming of the love our Heavenly Father has for us. But let me start at the beginning. I apologize to those of you who know the whole story and now are reading it in print....however this is my journal, and these things need to be recorded.
I week ago tomorrow we left for Barnwell. We were planning on spending the weekend with Cliff's family and then he would drop me and the boys off for the week and continue home to Red Deer. Our friends who managed for the same company as us called us Friday morning to let us know that they had been fired and that we were next in line. We knew that they had a meeting set up with the head office people and Cliff was supposed to be meeting with them on Monday morning.....we didn't think that they were going to fire both of us. We had very mixed emotions over the whole thing - much relief as we really were very tired of the building responsibilities, but also much panic as we realized that we had 6 weeks to find a new home for our family. We couldn't do much over the weekend except look at some real estate websites and hope... Monday came and went much as we expected. Their reason they gave for firing us was that we weren't keeping the building to their standard. There is plenty more I could say on that subject but I am trying to let go of it. Cliff found out some of the properties that we had been looking at on the Internet had offers on them and was feeling discouraged but I encouraged him to go and look at one on Tuesday in Sylvan Lake with our realtor. He liked it and I liked it from the pictures so we put an offer in Tuesday night and by early this afternoon we had a counter offer. I had a wonderful experience in the Temple (did a session with my mom and her ward's RS) and passed on the things that the Spirit told me to Cliff. We decided to accept the counter offer and Cliff has been working with our mortgage broker tonight to get all the paper work done to see if we are approved.
There have been a lot of changes in the last few days and not a lot of things are terribly concrete yet. But there are some things that I know for sure: I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and has a plan for us. I know that His Spirit is able to whisper to our hearts and minds and help us to make decisions that will benefit our family. I also know that we will be prepared to move as of Sept 30 even if the house we are working on now falls through. I know that we are supposed to move and that it will happen as the Lord has planned.
Thank you all for your love and support and prayers. We will keep you updated as the next 6 weeks unfold.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Congrats! I didn't know you guys accepted the counter-off. I am so excited for you! And I cannot WAIT to see your new place!