Grammie S & I learned a lesson yesterday - not to tease Zane with hollow threats of tickles if you don't intend to follow up on them with a visit! Mom and I were talking on the phone and Zane had a brief stint before bouncing off to whatever it was he was doing when we interrupted him. Mom made a comment about having to come up there and tickle him if he didn't come back to the phone and I relayed the message. He shrugged and didn't really react and we went back to our conversation. About half an hour later Zane looked up from his blocks and asked me if Grammie was coming to our house tomorrow to tickle him. When I told him no, Grammie was just teasing, he dissolved into tears. Poor kid - he was sure that his Grammie was coming to tickle him. We managed to stem the tears by sending an e-card to Grammie but it was definitely a pale second to the preferred visit. Tickles will come soon enough if all goes according to planned. As long as all is good with the building and such, the boys and I are planning on coming home for a visit on the 19th (Monday) and staying until Saturday. Mom will come home with us and stay for a few days - she has to come back for her truck as Cliff will have it here. Hopefully we will all be healthy enough...Rhett has yet another cold. Sigh. Snotty nose and hacking cough spell little sleep for mom...at least I can usually catch a short nap if I need to.
Ok, the above was written on Sunday....and today is now Saturday. Every time I sat down to write more and finish so I could post I had a very curious Rhett right at my elbow trying to push buttons and getting quite upset with me when I didn't want him on my lap typing.
As I mentioned before Rhett has a cold...it is still with us and he has shared with Zane. I think this is the first time that both kids have been sick at the same time. I think I prefer the one at a time thing. I think we're on the tail end of things and hopefully all will be healthy soon.
I went to a literacy enrichment with Leslie on Thursday and really enjoyed it. The lady teaching it was a kindergarten teacher and really focused on things that we can do and read with our kids to get them ready for kindergarten. As this is something that I need to start thinking about - I'm not kidding - we have less than a year to decide what school Zane is going to go to and get him registered - I really appreciated all the info that she was able to give us. After the lesson we went to Chapters and I picked up a couple of new books. Zane's new favorite is "Going on a Bear Hunt". He can recite almost the entire book.
Lots of Fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment