Monday, January 30, 2012

Randomness

- Brock had a self-inflicted incarceration in the bathroom the other day - he refused to put anything on his behind and I refused to let him out until said bottom was covered.  I was willing to let him stay there all day but Daddy managed to get some underwear on him about 45 minutes in

- I hate potty training.  And Brock isn't looking like he's going to be any easier than his older brothers.  Joy.

- Why do people who don't know me assume I should have more kids? 

- I had an Il Divo CD playing in the truck the other day with the kids.  Zane asked to change to "their" music because he didn't understand this music.  I said it's Italian, that's why you don't understand.  Then I switched to their version of Amazing Grace which is all English.  After it was done his comment was 'Yeah, still don't get it'.  Sigh.

- I love performing piano solos in Sacrament meeting and feeling when the congregation is actually with me.  I can actually feel the Spirit in the room change and become stronger.  Awesome!

- I asked Brock if he wanted to watch a potty movie I got out of the library - his response - uh, no.  Great.

- Just spent 10 minutes cleaning crayon off the walls...again.  Why does this child insist on using my walls for coloring?! 

- Love being in the RS presidency and seeing the sisters of my ward serve each other.  Makes my calling so easy!

- Rhett is so sensitive and I often miss it or hurt his feelings.  Sigh.  I'm working on it.

- Just finished cleaning up another big Brock mess.  I don't think I'm going to miss that part of little kids.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your piano solos as well :) It reminds me that I should really pickup playing the piano again, it's been so long since I spent time seriously practicing and playing it :(

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweetie. He will grow up eventually and you'll be faced with different challenges that come with having bigger boys. I understand the frustration though and totally get the fact that you are "so done" having babies. Been there, done that, got the whole 9 yards, not just the t-shirt. When you can't handle the frustration any more, find a pillow you can beat the bgeebers out of in your bedroom. I used to hit hanging coats with a tennis racket. Gets rid of all that negative energy in a rush and doesn't hurt anyone. So glad your solo was a huge success for you. Proud of you and the great woman you truly are. Love, Mom

Lisha said...

So that's why we had tennis rackets when no one played tennis. It all makes sense now! Good luck with the potty training. Paxton's back in a non-interested phase currently.

Misty said...

I always enjoy your piano solo's, I sometimes wish people were more reverent. Maybe, it's because we always sit in the back.
Don't you love the "well meaning comments" about the number of kids you have. People always comment, you either have too many or not enough. I remember being at Wilson's family reunion. One of his well meaning family members wouldn't be quiet about how we should have more kids. I don't feel I should have to explain my reproductive woes to people who I barely know. I finally asked "do I ask you, why your thirty and not married. She never said another word:) Good luck with the potty training, keep telling yourself, it's the last time you will have to endure it:)

Just Rhonda said...

oh my how i hate potty training!! worst thing about being a mom!!!

Tisha said...

Hate potty training!! Is it really bad that I'm putting it off with Myles? Ugh!

DeAnna said...

Potty training sucks, it really does, my 5 year old still HATES undies, we have those lovely fights over putting them on pretty much once or twice a day depending on accidents. But it is so awesome when it is done and over with!!!! I am just looking forward to that day when my daughter starts liking her undies and wears them without time outs first!

Leslie said...

People assume you should have more kids because you're such a good momma to the ones you've got!! :)