Saturday, October 24, 2009

I have Survived....

having a pet for one week. And we're both still here.

Things I like about having a dog:

The walks, the tail wagging when he sees us, my kids playing with him, my kids getting over any fear they had of dogs, petting, loyalty, crazy antics in the backyard when he doesn't know I'm watching

Things I DON'T like about having a dog:
The wet smell, the shedding, the one-more-thing-to-think-about on my daily list, the dog not being crate trained and wanting to sleep on my couch

I have survived.....
another bought of Strep Throat....we think. If my swab tests positive it will be #3 in 6 weeks. Yuck. So my wonderful doc gave me different drugs and a bunch of blood work. He's testing my thyroid, liver, and for mono. Yep, mono. Gross. So hoping that one doesn't come back positive. Drugs are making me feel pretty good but by the end of the day throat is still a little sore. Hot lemonade with honey is my friend.

I have survived.....
Brock starting to crawl. It's army crawling but he's crawling and moving fast. He's pretty determined to get under the table where Vato lives when he's inside and I'm just as determined to keep him out of there.

I have survived.....
multiple years of no sleep and no end in sight to sleepless nights. Sigh.

I have survived. And grown. And learned. And come out smiling....mostly.

2 comments:

Suz said...

You are a Survivor! Keep going!

Roeckers said...

We have been fighting the sore thraot for almost four weeks now and the Dr has no idea what it is ;( We live off hot apple cider and hot lemon juice with honey.

We like having a dog when Jake isn't home but hate when he wakes the baby. Having an animal is good for kids, ours is just getting too old and doesn't play much with them anymore :(

Hope things are looking up for you and that you start feeling better soon!