The phone rang this afternoon at my parents house. I answered and said "please tell me you have my children with you". Dad said that he did but hadn't known until right then that he did.
Huge sigh from me followed quickly by the "I'm going to kill him" when he gets home thought.
Zane and Rhett were out in the yard playing when Grandma and Grandpa left to walk up town to the pharmacy. They waved to the boys and carried on. I could hear them in the yard playing while I worked on some seminary stuff and Brock slept. 10 minutes later I realized it had been awhile since I had heard anything from outside. I went out and called but no children. I wasn't freaking out...yet. I headed back inside to try and call my parents when dad phoned to tell me they had them. APPARENTLY, my six year old decided that he was grown up enough to take his three year old brother and walk up town to find grandpa and grandma all by them selves....with no shoes on. Just socks. And this was their game plan: walk to the store, go in, take a look around, and if grandma and grandpa weren't in that store they were going to try another store. I'm not kidding. This is exactly what Zane told grandma when she asked him how they knew where they were. "We didn't. We were going to come in, take a look around, and if you weren't here go look in another store".
So, if you saw two cute little blond boys wandering around Raymond this afternoon they were probably mine. Especially if they were only wearing socks.
I think he's going to make me grey.
I'm glad he's independent and capable of doing this but at the same time I'm not ready for this many years to have gone by already.
Zane really didn't see what the problem was. But I made him promise to ask me before he left the yard again.
Life just got a lot more interesting.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeesh! I hear you on those growing pains. It is hard to raise these independent kids! It was nice to run into you in Raymond on Sunday. Sorry I couldn't chat but I had to herd 7 children into the chapel for Sacrament Meeting!
Oh wow....I would have freaked. Way to stay cool!
Post a Comment