We made it home last night....and before I tell you what I came home to (it helps build the suspense don't you think?) Here's a quick review of what we've been up to for the last 2 weeks!
- Saturday 26th - Zane's soccer tournament - he was THRILLED with his medal after playing 3 games and we had to bring it with us to show all the grandma's and grandpa's
- Auntie Kizzy came up and was my life saver. We never would have made it down without her! She and Cliff switched vehicles in Calgary so Cliff could take some appliances home to his parent's new house....and spent all day Saturday helping them move
- Kizzy, the kids and I left Sylvan after Zane's last game and headed south to Raymond. Met Cliff there. Missed my 10 year reunion because I was still traveling
- Hung out Sunday....Brock tried chocolate milk and attacked the cup. It was pretty funny.
- Monday Cliff and I took Brock, met up with Kizzy in Lethbridge and did some shopping. New suits for Cliff and some new stuff for me. I caved and bought new clothes. Sigh. Went mini golfing with the kids and grandma and grandpa and Auntie Kizzy. Rhett would putt, pick his ball up, plant it 2 inches from the hole and putt it in. Lots of fun and laughs.
- Tuesday Cliff golfed with his buddy Mark Nielson in Magrath. I read and the kids jumped
- Wednesday we did the parade (lots of fun of course - read lots of candy and Brock sleeping for most of it) Traditional Robinson family BBQ, family counsel on preparedness and really fun family pictures with Rhonda. We're soooo excited to see them! Keep checking her blog to see the preview when she's done editing.
- after pictures we packed up and headed to Taber to spend some time with Cliff's family and extended family who were visiting from Utah and Washington. They have kids the same age as our kids so they had lots of fun playing with cousins for a while.
- Thursday the kids went to a movie with Auntie Kristie and a bunch of the relates. Cliff and I got to leave all 3 kids home with Grandma and Grandpa and went for Chinese food at the Regent and a movie with Preston and Kristin Porter. It was fun and a nice break. The kids were good so that was a relief.
- Thursday the kids went to a movie with Auntie Kristie and a bunch of the relates. Cliff and I got to leave all 3 kids home with Grandma and Grandpa and went for Chinese food at the Regent and a movie with Preston and Kristin Porter. It was fun and a nice break. The kids were good so that was a relief.
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday we just hung out. It was great. I read a lot, the kids played and we just enjoyed being with family.
- Sunday we met up with my parents in Coaldale and Cliff headed home in one of their vehicles and we headed to Raymond.
The rest of the week the kids played outside as much as they could, terrorized the house, and had lots of fun. They made a friend a couple of doors down (he was visiting his grandparents as well) And it was a new experience for them to have a friend that close! I had to make a trip to the dentist to get a tooth fixed, had a great dinner with Kizzy and Lish and read 9 books over the course of the 2 weeks. It was a great vacation.
And now we're back to real life. And this post has taken me from Sunday night to Tuesday afternoon to finish. So, back to the beginning.... I came home to a disaster. Yep, a big one. Cliff decided to surprise me with tiling the shower in our only bathroom. It looks fantastic....but wasn't close to done when we got home on Saturday....and still isn't finished because we ran out of grout and haven't been able to match it yet. So while I was happy about my surprise I was upset at coming home to a major mess and only being able to take baths. Yuck. I really don't like baths. Maybe I could learn to like them in a big jetted jacuzzi tub, but not our little tiny one. Oh well. His heart was in the right place and I've told him a couple of times that I don't want any major renovations as a surprise any more!
Brock and dad just hangin' out after church in Raymond.
Brock and dad just hangin' out after church in Raymond.
Brock trying out the chocolate milk in daddy's cup. A definite hit.
Rhett and Zane at the parade with Auntie Lishie's dog Moe eyeing their candy. 


Zane and Rhett trying out the sprinkler air hockey....Zane loved it....Rhett liked the idea but not the cold water!
Zane showing off how tough and cool he was by standing in the really cold water!
Rhett looking grimy and hot from a day outside modeling his 2 hat look. His Canucks hat was filthy gross so I bought him a new one to wear while we washed the other. He then started to wear both of them.
I have lots more pics but this post is already huge and the kids want a snack! Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment