- We've lived in 5 different wards
- moved 9 times
- had 3 different vehicles
- have 3 children
- 2 miscarriages
- managed apartment buildings twice and NEVER again
- I worked before we had Zane and one year after.
- We moved to Red Deer 4 years ago. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done.
- we moved to Sylvan Lake 1.5 years ago and have been very blessed here.
- We've held callings - Cliff usually in some capacity with the youth and me with music
- we went to California together for our 6th anniversary and toured through Cliff's mission.
- we bought our first house. We're still here.
- we've made lots of friends along the way...some we are still very close to and some we are not. It's interesting to me how the Lord blesses us with people at different times in our lives and although we are still friends with those people the relationship dynamics have changed. And that's OK.
- made some bad decisions and some good ones
- always have tried to do better
- love each other more today than we did 8 years ago
- are even more committed than 8 years ago
- have learned some things...like I shouldn't expect the house to be clean if I surprise Cliff by coming home a day early when the kids and I have been home visiting.....and being a golf widow every Friday during the season can be beneficial.
- Cliff turned 30
- I lost 65 lbs and gained a lot of it back again while pregnant with Brock
- we've dealt with a lot of stress together and have come out of it closer and stronger
- our first miscarriage was one of the hardest things we've gone through...but we made it together and with the Lord
- We've watched all of our siblings graduate high school, one get married and one get engaged
- we will soon be an auntie and uncle for the first time
- Cliff has always been a worthy priesthood holder and uses it regularly to bless our family
- our house used to stay clean....not so much any more
- we have accumulated a staggering amount of kid's toys, clothes and other things that go along with children.
- we have developed hobbies
- we have loved, grown, and stayed true to each other and I can honestly say that we are happy.
And I think that's a pretty awesome thing to be able to say!
I could go on and on. A lot of things happen to a couple in 8 years. I'm sure the next 8 will go by just as quickly and will be filled with many wonderful things as well as many trials. But I know we'll be together and we'll take it as it comes - together!
Happy Anniversary Hon - I love ya!
3 comments:
I'm so excited for you! You and Cliff have always been such an inspiration for James and I! I love you!!!
awwww, yay for 8 years! and i'm glad to finally see some pics of cute little brock down there. i don't know who he looks like but he sure is so cute. and growing so fast!
Congrats! I thought of you guys yesterday. Hope it was a nice day. (except for the dang snow.....)
Post a Comment