Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Our 4th Annual House!

For FHE last night we decorated our annual gingerbread house. I cheated a little bit this year and pulled out the glue gun and glued it together about 4 hours BEFORE we were ready to decorate it. Last year we had a little too much candy, icing that wasn't quite dry and a collapsed house. Go here to see last year before the collapse. This equalled one sad little boy. And if you'll notice...I'm not in any of these pictures! I just completed the journalling of last years pictures a couple of weeks ago and noticed that we only had ONE picture of Cliff for the whole holiday funness and celebrations. So, after raising that issue Cliff bravely volunteered to be the icing piper for our fun project! The boys had a hard time waiting for enough icing to get on the house before they started decorating but all in all I think it turned out great! Rhett LOVED eating all the candy and icing and Zane and I ate our fair share too. Zane had fun putting candy anywhere there was bare icing and Rhett put a few things on....but decided eating it was way more fun then wasting it on the house. This is the first year that we've done the house in the evening....and next year I think we'll do it Sunday afternoon! They were just vibrating by the time we got them into the tub around 8 and it was almost 9 before we got them settled into bed. Still it was lots of fun and thanks to my fabulous gluing job we were able to move it to a safe spot for display. I had a few spots in mind but decided the top of the fridge because I reasoned that Rhett wouldn't be able to get to it and pull the candy off! So enjoy the pictures and the countdown to Christmas!




4 comments:

shauna said...

Cute! I am so doing the glue gun thing this year too! Thanks for the idea!

Suz said...

you are brilliant!! thanks for the inspiration!

Leslie said...

Fun. that's a good looking house. how many bedrooms/bathrooms?
Cliff did a great job of the icing. That was nice of you to voluntell him to do it so you wouldn't have to have any pregnant pics! :)

LindsayB said...

that looks like os much fun! i'm not sure if my sugar freak kids are ready to do something liek that. i'm just not sure if any candy would actually make it on the house. and thanks fo rthe pictures with the hubby, i wasn't sure what he really looked like it's been so long, hehe