OK, so I think I have an inkling of how to help Zane's stomach thing. After some reading and research I think he needs more soluble fiber in his diet. Well not necessarily more, just making sure he gets some everyday. I think that's the connection. Things like starches, bananas, apple sauce, oatmeal. We've been trying this for 2 days and so far it is working marvellously. No tummy pain and last night was the first night he slept through the night since Wednesday without waking up in agony because of all the gas in his gut. Christmas will be a challenge with all the sweets and stuff but luckily he's old enough to 'get' it when I tell him that this will help his stomach and that won't. I'll keep you posted.
Saturday was interesting....went for an oil change and found out that my back driver side tire was pretty much flat - the guy looked at me like I was insane for not noticing. To which I think - I'm sorry- I'm almost 8 months pregnant and have a toddler with me in MINUS 30 weather. I don't think to check my tires. I think get in the van and get the stupid car seat done up before i get frost bite on my fingers! But I digress. He suggested that I might have a slow leak and should get it looked at. So what did I do? I called Cliff. I drive the van, I fill it up with gas, and go to the drive-thru oil change place. As far as I'm concerned everything else falls in Cliff's department. Long story short I ended up at Walmart with both kids while they hoisted my van, took the tire off and found a pin-size piece of metal in my tire. They fixed it and we were back on the road. As I was driving home I thought about what a pain the whole thing had been and then I thought, yes, but what a blessing it was too. We leave for Raymond tomorrow...what if we had been driving on the hi way and it had blown? What if I was driving with the kids alone in this weather and it went flat? I really felt that it was a true testament and answer to the prayer that Zane had said that morning before we all left for the day "please bless that we will travel in safety". It's something that seems automatic and somewhat routine as we say those morning prayers but I know that every morning I fervently wish for us all to travel in safety.
Yesterday was our Christmas program in Sacrament meeting and it went FABULOUSLY!!!! Really, the Spirit there was so strong, the music was awesome and the closing number was unbelievable. If we were a clapping church the whole congregation would have been on it's feet. We were so blessed to have a plethora of music people available this year - the last number consisted of the organ, the piano, a violin, a soloist and for the last verse the congregation. And I was blessed to be part of the congregation and could just focus on the spirit. I couldn't sing because I was crying, but it was well worth it!
And today has been busy busy busy. Into Red Deer so Walmart could re-tork my wheel - thank goodness they weren't busy when I showed up and we were in and out in 15 minutes, picked up Cliff's last Christmas present - had to wait for it to be done - and dropped off all the books at the library. Laundry, baking for Cliff when we're not here, clean the bathroom and try to referee and keep the boys from killing each other. AND Zane has been doing such a great job of earning stars for XBOX time! He's earned 20 stars 4 times now. And has learned some new skills along the way. His newest skills are folding towels (and I have resisted re-folding them...harder than I thought!) drying dishes and matching and folding socks. It's harder than I thought to help him earn the 20 stars because it takes planning on my part to have chores for him to do. A lot of the things would be done better and faster if I did them myself but I'm also learning a lot from it. And it's fun to give him stars for things the doesn't realize like being extra kind to Rhett or something like that.
And it's time to make supper. FHE tonight is going to be cuddles and a Christmas movie. We're opening our family gifts tomorrow morning before Cliff heads to work and then I'll be busy with the kids getting everything packed up, organized and ready to go to Raymond. We're hoping that Cliff is able to get off early and that we'll be in Raymond by 8:00 but we'll see what happens. I can't believe that it's here and we're all looking forward to spending this wonderful time of year with our family and friends!
I'll try not to board the holiday train and get lost....but no promises! Merry Christmas to everyone!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Merry Christmas Kelly! Have a safe trip and lots of fun!
Wow. Shauna said EXACTLY what I was going to say. Except I would have said LOADS of fun instead of LOTS of fun. We must be related or something.
Merry Christmas! I look forward to hearing all about it when you get home...
Loves!
Good to see you last Sunday!!! Hope you had a good holidays!
Post a Comment