Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sometimes Time Flies...and Sometimes It Crawls





Eating chocolate pudding for FHE...it was a big hit! Also take note of the length of hair on these boys....especially Rhett. He got his first haircut with real clippers on Friday...and did really good! He just giggled through it and Zane did really good too. He's been deathly afraid of hair cuts for 2 years now and he hardly cried at all this time. Yeah for us!

The boys have been fighting colds for awhile and it finally hit full force this week...making the weekend a very long one full of coughing, puking and low-grade fevers. For the most part Zane has been in good spirits...just less energy and such. Rhett on the other hand has been absolutely miserable. Pick me up, put me down, cuddle me, don't cuddle me. Sigh. Like I said...a very long weekend. Cliff went to church and I stayed home with the boys today and then tonight he stayed home and I went into our Stake's Christmas fireside. I had a piano solo to perform and was second on the program. I like that because it lets me enjoy the rest of the program instead of nervously waiting for my turn. I was really pleased with how it went and really enjoyed the rest of the program. One of my favorite pianists in the stake performed a beautiful solo...I just closed my eyes and enjoyed every note. It was a medley of two songs and in the transition section there was a fabulous right hand run that just took my breathe away. I love music...uplifting and edifying music feeds my soul.
So that's all that we've been up to. I feel like my house is a disaster because I haven't really done anything in it all weekend...just loading and unloading the dishwasher. Tomorrow starts a new week and I'm hoping to get my house really deep cleaned this week so that there's not so much to do before we leave for Christmas. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

LindsayB said...

love the title, i hear ya! nice haircuts. i wish james had some hair so we could give him a haircut!

Marc and Megan said...

such cute pictures of your boys! Not much better than chocolate pudding! :) I hope everyone is back to being 100% healthy very soon.