Thursday, October 25, 2007

This and That


This is Zane showing off his wonderful battle scar...he crashed into a rocking chair in the most bizarre way. I was sure that he had knocked out some teethe but thankfully he's just bruised up a bit.


Rhett loves to play the piano and he looks like such a little man sitting up there composing his masterpiece.
I have made a special blankie for Rhett...we're hoping it's going to help him sleep better. The basic idea behind it is to help him get attached to something other than me now that we've taken away the bottle. I've tried different stuffies and blankets that we already have and he just chucks them out of bed. So today he and I went to Walmart and I let him choose this material and put it all together this afternoon. He's had a few minutes of cuddling with it and then he ignores it. Sigh. I have to remind myself that this isn't going to happen instantly and that I'm going to have to encourage it...but if it helps him sleep better it will be totally worth it. I am to the point of exhaustion that I wake up with him next to me in our bed and have no recollection of how he got there. Not good.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

the blanket looks great. good job on it! and yes, keep at it. we all know that change doesn't usually happen overnight. (although it would be nice!)

Calamity Jane said...

You never cease to amaze me, beautiful blanket!

Shauna said...

Good job at the adaptation towards what you want! Rhett will come around...eventually! I'm coming up on Thursday...we should try to get together with Leslie at some point for a visit!