If you have ever applied for a passport you will understand what I mean by red tape. As most of you know Cliff and I are going to California in May and we are just finishing up on everything for our passports. We have to have references and someone from a big list of professionals that have know us for at least 2 years verify our identity. As we have lived here just under 2 years that has caused a little extra work for us. Thank goodness Cliff's Aunt Bev is a lawyer and happy to help us. Thanks again Auntie Bev! Oh, and I hope I never have to show my passport picture to anyone but the person behind the counter. Because you can't smile I look so sad in my picture. Really I'm just sleep deprived but you don't really notice how much a smile does for you until you have a picture where you can't smile. Anyways, hopefully we will get everything together in time for a quick trip to the consolate in Calgary this week before heading home for Easter. 
Rhett is walking more and more each day. It's funny because sometimes he'll start walking and just keep going and then other times he starts off and then changes his mind and crawls - I don't know if it's because he can get there faster by crawling or if he gets distracted by something in front of him. Either way he thinks he's quite the kid now - he likes to walk around with a bottle in his hand and stop and take a swig every now and then. He's also discoverd his voice! Everything he says these days is done in a shriek. I don't know if my ears will ever be the same. Still I wouldn't trade him in!
Zane has the cold that has had me down for most of the week but I think he'll rebound quickly. He slept a lot today and hopefully he'll sleep some more tomorrow and be good to go by mid week. He is his usual busy self and although he loves his little brother he is definitely getting frustrated with him wanting everything that Zane has. We are also working on learning how to ride a bike! He never learned how to ride a trike so he has to learn how to pedal....it's going pretty good. If the weather would cooperate it would go a lot faster. But he seems to be enjoying it.
This is a short post....we are just hoping that we will all be healthy by the weekend so we can enjoy our time with everyone at Easter and me and the boys can stay for a week!
Rhett is walking more and more each day. It's funny because sometimes he'll start walking and just keep going and then other times he starts off and then changes his mind and crawls - I don't know if it's because he can get there faster by crawling or if he gets distracted by something in front of him. Either way he thinks he's quite the kid now - he likes to walk around with a bottle in his hand and stop and take a swig every now and then. He's also discoverd his voice! Everything he says these days is done in a shriek. I don't know if my ears will ever be the same. Still I wouldn't trade him in!
Zane has the cold that has had me down for most of the week but I think he'll rebound quickly. He slept a lot today and hopefully he'll sleep some more tomorrow and be good to go by mid week. He is his usual busy self and although he loves his little brother he is definitely getting frustrated with him wanting everything that Zane has. We are also working on learning how to ride a bike! He never learned how to ride a trike so he has to learn how to pedal....it's going pretty good. If the weather would cooperate it would go a lot faster. But he seems to be enjoying it.
This is a short post....we are just hoping that we will all be healthy by the weekend so we can enjoy our time with everyone at Easter and me and the boys can stay for a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment