Zane goes between being the most delightful almost 4 year old I know to the most stubborn, attitude bearing, can't reason with him - almost 4 year old. But mostly the first scenario. He has developed a fear of the dark recently and also a fear of 'dark cows' - which from what I've been able to put together stems from the little robot dude with the THX and cow sounds at the beginning of some Disney Pixar movies. After a couple of tearful bedtimes I suggested that we pray and ask Heavenly Father and Jesus to help him. He agreed and tearfully followed my prompts. After we finished he was so much calmer and said that he felt better. He slept fine that night and the next morning I overheard him telling Cliff that Jesus had come and made the Dark Cows go away. Unfortunately, this experience hasn't been quite enough to rid him of fear totally but I believe it is building his faith - he goes to sleep at night with a flashlight pointing straight on the picture of Christ in their room. He also comes up with little phrases that crack me up all the time. His latest is "I hope so!" I often get this response when I ask him if he can do something - like pick up his toys or pick out some clothes. Something to that effect.
Did I mention that it is trying to be spring here? I know that all of you in Southern Alberta are thinking - so what? But please remember that we have had snow for 6 months - that's half the year! We have to fit 3 seasons into 6 months - and 2 of them are my favorite ones. Sigh. Anyways, I'm really happy to see grass again and the big puddles and the snow piles slowly starting to disappear. I don't even care that I washed my van on Staurday and it didn't even stay clean for 2 hours.
I haven't been taking as many pics this month - been too busy trying to keep Rhett happy but I got these ones today of him eating mac and cheese. I couldn't resist - too cute!
What can I say...I'm a sleep deprived mom who loves her boys and wouldn't trade staying at home with them for anything! I'm so lucky to be married to Cliff - he spoils me and loves me and cherishes me. What more could a girl ask for!
No comments:
Post a Comment